The Hut is currently only available for booking to Club members and their guests.
CURRENT COVID RESTRICTIONS
Bookings are limited to:
- Club members and their guests only.
- Up to 18 people from a single household using the existing sole booking process.
- Group of up to 6 people adhering to the following:
– The main hut and kitchen is exclusively accessible to a single and extended household (incl. support bubble).
– The bunk room is exclusively accessible to a separate single and extended household (incl. support bubble).
– The remainder of the group can camp at the hut using separate tents for their respective households.
– The toilet block becomes a shared facility only accessible to one household at a time.
- Bookings must be for a minimum of 2 nights and 3 persons.
- Bookings should be limited to four nights, generally Thursday to Sunday, to facilitate the 72 hour clear period between bookings.
- Only one booking will be accepted at a time.
- The current risk assessment is available on request via firstname.lastname@example.org
Pen y Clogwyn is the WMC’s hut in Snowdonia. The buildings here were originally a crofter’s cottage, which the club purchased and converted into a comfortable hut. Located a 10 minute walk away from the roads in the forest above Betws y Coed, the hut provides a quiet and atmospheric base for exploring the many mountains and crags in the area.
- Main lounge and eating area. Separate kitchen and bunk rooms. Separate ablutions block.
- Sleeps 18 on alpine style bunks: 12 in the bunk room and 6 on a loft platform in the main lounge.
- Wood burning stove.
- Kitchen: Gas rings, grills, oven, fridge, hot and cold running water, pots, pans and crockery.
- Ablutions Block: Two flush toilets, three basins, shower, hot and cold running water.
- Booking of Individual beds (£10/night non members, £5/night members) or the complete hut for sole use (£120/night non members, £100/night booked by member).
Under 18s may stay in the hut under supervision of a responsible adult. However note both sleeping areas are communal.
Book online or contact the hut bookings manager if you have any questions. 01425 483111, email@example.com